Architectural technology PDF Free Download
Publish Date: July 2001
Author Name: Stephen Emmitt
Architectural technology, or building technology, is the application of technology to the design of buildings. It is a component of architecture and building engineering and is sometimes viewed as a distinct discipline or sub-category. New materials and technologies generated new design challenges and construction methods throughout the evolution of building, especially since the advent of industrialization in the 19th century. Architectural technology is related to the different elements of a building and their interactions and is closely aligned with advances in building science.Download this book from our site: Civil Engineering Pdf
Architectural technology Features:
- Architectural technology can be used in the application and integration of construction technologies.
- Architectural technology is a discipline that spans architecture, building science and engineering.
- The practice of architectural technology cannot be limited to the technology itself; it also relates to space, the building, the light, the environment served and created by the design.
- In practice, architectural technology is developed, understood and integrated into a building by producing architectural drawings and schedules.
- The materials used for building were limited to brick, stone, timber, and steel to form structures, slate and tiles for roof coverings, lead and sometimes copper for waterproofing details and decorative roofing effects.