Publish Date: 2010
Author Names: Nicole Metji, Alfred Stark, and David Chapman
Tunneling provides a robust solution to a variety of engineering challenges. It is a complex process, which requires a firm understanding of the ground conditions as well as structural issues. This book covers the whole range of areas that you need to know in order to embark upon a career in tunneling. It also includes a number of case studies of real tunnel projects, to demonstrate how the theory applies in practice. Download this book Right Now from our Site: Civil engineering pdf
Construction plays an important role in our life by making it beautiful and gives a lustrous look. Nicole Metji, Alfred Stark, and David Chapman wrote this book very well.
Introduction to Tunnel Construction Features:
- Both hard-rock and soft-ground conditions
- Site investigation, parameter selection, and design considerations
- Methods of improving the stability of the ground and lining techniques
- Descriptions of the various tunneling techniques
- Health and safety considerations
- Monitoring of tunnels during construction.